Welcome To Whitley CDA
Whitley Community Development Association, working with local people for local people since 2013.
WCDA are a local charity working in the Whitley area of Reading. We are based at the Whitley Social Club & Cafe which is situated within the South Reading Youth & Community Centre, Northumberland Avenue, Whitley, Reading RG2 7QA.
We have got off to a great start and have achieved a great deal so far, for example we have:
- Opened the Community Cafe, which provides a safe place for all to meet and get involved with their community
- Worked in partnership with the University of Reading to create the transport report ‘Working Better With Whitley’, which has enabled a bus route to be changed enabling local residents to access Royal Berkshire Hospital more easily
- Set up a Whitley Travels Group, which offers a range of recreational trips at affordable prices for ALL
- Created a Small Grants Programme, which offers local groups and organisations the opportunity to seed fund projects which will enhance the lives and overall well-being of residents in Whitley
- Worked in partnership to open opportunities for life skills training, volunteering and advice & support for job seeking opportunities
Our aim is to continue to work towards achieving everything that local people feel is required to make Whitley a nicer place to live but we need the continued support of local residents to help with this, as the plan is a living document that changes to local need.
WCDA hold Open Public Meetings quarterly and welcome everyone to come and get involved and have their say about what happens in their local community.
Please like our Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/Whitley-Communtiy-Development-Association-1009973319130713/ & follow us on Twitter for our latest updates and news.